An email marketing CRM is a sales software that offers email marketing features to nurture your leads. The best email marketing CRMs provide basic sales pipeline features to manage your sales process, along with features like email templates, bulk email sending, ongoing send sequences, email analytics, list segmentation, and more. To help, we've reviewed the best email marketing CRM options to find the top six.
What is email marketing automation and how to use this tool?
Email automation is the process of creating emails that reach the right people with the right message at the right moment. It makes sure that your campaign is efficient whether your goal for the email campaign is to nurture new leads, deliver blog updates, or send birthday wishes with a personal touch. With a marketing automation tool, email automation sends messages and helps you to stay connected to your subscribers.
You can send targeted emails based on people`s behavior, preferences, and previous sales if you link your website analytics with your email marketing platform. It helps you personalize each client’s experience and increase the relevance of your automated campaigns.
Among the most common email automation triggers that are used by marketers and salespeople are the welcome email, pageview or product view, abandoned cart, post-purchase, subscription expiration, upsell/cross-sell, and milestone achievement.
[Related Article: How to Reach More Prospects With Email Marketing Software]
What is CRM mailing?
CRM email marketing is the integration of CRM tools within your email marketing campaigns. The main goal of the email CRM system is to build a strong relationship with existing leads and potential clients to guarantee you stay top-of-mind with them. It helps you easily create personalized and engaging emails for potential and existing customers.
CRM software with the email marketing tool helps you find new leads and improve engagement by aggregating, organizing, and analyzing customer data. Then the sales team can use this data to manage the customer relationship better namely by tracking them through every part of the sales process, providing relevant content, and facilitating appropriate interactions at each stage.
[Related Article: 10 Best Free CRM Software in 2022-2023]
6 benefits of email customer relationship management
Understanding and organizing your CRM data is significant to improving your email marketing strategy. The CRM solution then presents this data in a such way that you can see where you need to focus more of your attention.
Thus, CRM email marketing offers such benefits as:
A better understanding of who is your potential customer
Because CRM software can extract relevant customer data from incoming emails and organize it into a single database, it's easier to discover all the information about each potential customer. It makes sure that you know who is your customer and makes it easier to track changes in your sales pipeline.
Increase sales with the right message to the right customer
With access to reports and analytics modules, it becomes easier to create an email that resonates with a lead. By the way, personalized email marketing can generate an ROI of up to 122%.
It is quickly and easily to find new customers
When you understand your existing audience, it becomes easier to find similar people who could be attractive leads. Moreover, you can use the insights into what your customers enjoy to customize your campaign and reach a wider audience.
More effective interaction with existing customers
A database of all your customers' emails in one place improves the reach of your targeted campaign, helping you look at previous interactions and build better connections.
Benefits from marketing automation
CRM system offers features that can help sales teams streamline routine tasks. This marketing automation allows you to spend more time on really important things such as nurturing leads, instead of performing administrative duties.
Email CRMs VS social media marketing
Email marketing is much more productive than social media marketing. Today, there are billions of email and social media users, but social media is governed by algorithms that reduce the likelihood that your message will reach the recipient. Also, social media has an extremely low engagement rate and just because someone likes your post or leaves a comment doesn't mean they might be interested in what you have to offer.
СRM email marketing provides a much greater level of personalization than many other communication channels because you can customize emails at scale and design campaigns based on customer behavior, preferences, and other factors, giving you more control over your marketing efforts.
[Related Article: Benefits of a CRM System: Top 7 to Improve Your Business]
What is the best CRM for email marketing?
In this article, we will consider the six most popular CRMs with email marketing.
- Pipedrive is the best all-in-one CRM and email marketing software
- Freshsales is the best email marketing CRM with customizable email templates
- ActiveCampaign is the best CRM software with email marketing for automation
- Zoho CRM is the best CRM email marketing for email insights
- Sendinblue is the best CRM email marketing for email campaigns
- Hubspot is the best free CRM email marketing choice
In conclusion, we think that Pipedrive seems to be the best CRM software for email marketing based on our analysis which we will talk about later. However, all of the options on our list are helpful solutions for specific use cases. You can also read a brief overview of each in our article.
How We Rated the best CRM system for email marketing
In order to evaluate the best email CRM software for email marketing among others, we have identified five weighted criteria that your business needs. After comparing all the functions and their compliance with our criteria, we chose the leader.
A CRM with email marketing tools should provide email automation capabilities, integrations with third-party email providers, and synchronization with applications to improve the overall customer management experience. Moreover, it should offer solid customer support, be easy to use, and offer attractive pricing options.
The key features
We considered the key features as well as email-specific functions that are necessary for CRM software, including email automation functions, format customization, third-party integrations, contact management features, and mobile access.
Easy of use
The features of any program are only as useful as they are simple. Thus, the ease of use of various email management CRM software is a very important criterion. Ease of use was analyzed in terms of experience needed to integrate with other apps, skills required to work with email marketing features, and the overall user-friendly interface.
Help and support
Help and support are just as important as ease of use. We rated them in terms of customer service hours, phone support, live chat, and email support.
Overall costs, along with the variety of features, are usually the most important criteria for any small business decision. In this way, it was just as important as all the others criteria when reviewing the best CRM software for email marketing opportunities. It should include a free account, multiple subscription options, and monthly payment options.
In addition to the criteria mentioned above, we decided to look at reputable review sites and gather expert opinions from external sources. We analyzed how users rated outstanding features, overall value for money, popularity, and ease of use.
6 Best email marketing solution with built-in CRM
Freshsales is a powerful, easy-to-use solution that offers basic sales features and email template creation and management. With built-in phone and email capabilities, you can communicate directly with contacts from the CRM with email marketing, while the mobile app allows you to capture data on the go.
Freshsales prime features:
- Customizable Email Templates
- Contact Management
- Sales Pipeline
- Sales forecasting
- Reporting & Analytics
- Easy-to-use UI
- Ability to edit email using drag and drop
- Multiple built-in communication channels including phone, email, chat, WhatsApp, SMS, and Apple Business Chat
- Artificial intelligence (AI) automation to schedule emails based on receiver behavior
- Marketing segmentation features automate the grouping of potential clients based on geography, demographics, and behavior
- The free trial lacks features
- Don`t include email drips
- Some marketing features are missing
- A limited number of third-party integrations
- Free Trial: 21 days
- Free Version: Support for unlimited users
- Growth: $15 per user, per month
- Pro: $39 per user, per month
- Enterprise: $69 per user, per month
Pipedrive is a web-based sales CRM with email integration and pipeline management solution that allows you to plan sales activities and monitor deals. With email marketing campaigns, you can create reusable email templates, segment your email lists and send automated email drips. You also can track your email efficiency with robust analytics and pre-built reports.
Pipedrive prime features:
- Email Builder
- Email Segmentation
- Email Analytics
- Sales automation
- Lead management
- Saving sales and marketing professionals time on email creation
- Create customizable emails with professional templates
- Turn your targeted prospects into leads
- Find out with email analytics which campaigns engage your audience
- Limited functionality for the price ( Email marketing costs extra)
- Reports lack customization
- Free Trial: 14 days for all plans
- Essential: $14.90 per user, per month (plus $13.33 for Campaigns)
- Advanced: $24.90 per user, per month (plus $13.33 for Campaigns)
- Professional: $49.90 per user, per month (plus $13.33 for Campaigns)
- Enterprise: $99 per user, per month (plus $13.33 for Campaigns)
ActiveCampaign is an all-in-one CRM for email marketing and automation. It is a marketing automation platform with CRM features that allows you to create emails, fully automated sequences, schedule messages, and view reports. Additionally, you can efficiently run marketing campaigns, set up a welcome series with email automation, segment your contacts, or use simple automation workflows to save time and money.
ActiveCampaign prime features:
- Unlimited emails
- Email builder
- Email templates
- Sales automation
- Contact and lead scoring
- Marketing automation
- Automation builder
- The site and event tracking
- A large library of templates, as well as options for personalization and segmentation of lists
- A/B testing also included
- Set up easy integration with Paypal, Shopify, Facebook, and 250 other apps
- Send greeting emails and auto-reply
- To add more than 500 contacts cost extra
- Automation is tough to set up
- Free Trial: 14 days
- Lite: $9.00 per month for less than 500 contacts
- Plus: $49 per month for less than 500 contacts
- Professional: $129 per month for less than 500 contacts
- Enterprise: $229 per month for less than 500 contacts
Zoho CRM is the leading solution suited to small to mid-sized businesses. This email marketing CRM software allows you to create and send mass emails using templates as well as gain valuable, AI-powered email insights that include notifications and more.
Zoho CRM prime features:
- Lead Nurturing
- Lead Profiles
- Synchronization Contacts and Leads
- Email Compatibility
- Sales and marketing automation
- Performance management
- Email analytics features allow users to track individual sales metrics such as bounce rate, click rate, and email revenue
- Automates the planning and deployment of mass email campaigns
- Email status monitoring is built in to check if the message has been delivered, opened, and read
- SalesInbox feature automatically shows email messages as a sales pipeline that can be organized, monitored, and analyzed automatically
- Integrates with most Google Workspace and Office 365 apps
- There is no 24/7 customer support
- It is difficult for new users to navigate the interface
- Using report analytics can be difficult
- Free Trial: 15 to 30 days for all plans
- Free Version: Supports up to three users
- Standard: $14 per user, per month
- Professional: $23 per user, per month
- Enterprise: $40 per user, per month
- Ultimate: $52 per user, per month
Sendinblue is an email marketing CRM that enables you to build and grow relationships using email campaigns, transactional emails, and seamless email automation. In addition, you can also automate triggered campaigns like welcome emails and more. Sendinblue comes with email automation to personalize workflows, accurately manage your contact list and send emails based on page visits.
Sendinblue prime features:
- Drop Email Editor
- Email Segmentation
- Email Marketing Automation
- Transactional Emails
- Email Templates
- A/B testing
- Bounce Management
- Reports and Analytics
- Opt-In Forms
- List Management
- Free Trial with use of features up to 300 emails a day
- SMS campaign and customizable chatbot
- Besides third-party integration, API integration is also available
- You can customize your email design
- Its website and help are available in 6 different languages
- Price is based on emails not on subscribers
- Limited features with Free and Lite plans
- Limited drag and drop creation
- Workflow is a little difficult to use
- It`s difficult to add an image in HTML
- Free plan: includes 300 emails/day
- Lite plan: $25 and has a limit of up to 20k emails/month
- Premium plan: starts at $65 per month for 20k emails and has a limit of 1M emails/month
Hubspot is a well-known software company offering email marketing CRM and sales tools. It includes email automation features like access to automated sequences, a template editor, and detailed analytics. You can use workflow templates to manage bulk data easily, send emails, create tasks, score leads, and lots more. The free plan offers basic CRM features such as contact organization, communication channels (phone, live chat, and email), and reporting analytics. More advanced features include ad content management, auto-conversational bots, and integrations with online contact forms.
Hubspot prime features:
- Turn Emails Into Tickets
- Integrated Phone Calls
- Team-Oriented Emails
- Online Knowledge Base:
- List segmentation
- Automated workflow
- Social media integration and management
- The free option offers basic advanced features like industry benchmark data, ad management, and live chat communication
- You are able to manage blog content within the CRM for search engine optimization (SEO)
- AI capabilities for sales automation and data management
- Social media integration with Twitter, Facebook, LinkedIn, and Instagram
- Higher-priced plans can be expensive
- Content management for blogs and social media accounts is only available in higher-priced plans
- Limited customer support on the free plan
- It`s a little difficult to import leads
Free Plan: Support for unlimited users
Starter: $45 per month for 2 users
Professional: $450 per month for 5 users
Enterprise: $1,200 per month for 10 users
[Related Article: Best Marketing Automation Software]
After going over these six CRM email marketing solutions, you can try out the best email customer relationship management software that fits your budget and has all the features you need.
Customer relationship management (CRM) software with email marketing tools allows you to communicate with leads and customers individually or on a mass scale without leaving the platform. A CRM email campaign includes features for designing email templates, deploying them, and monitoring the results of email campaigns.
Finally, we have evaluated the best CRM email marketing in our opinion according to certain criteria, but you can choose the software to your taste and needs.