What is the Customer Experience Tool?
In today's competitive business landscape, gathering customer feedback has become more important than ever. That's where CX tools, also known as customer experience software, come into play. These powerful software solutions are designed to collect, analyze, and act upon customer feedback in order to improve overall customer satisfaction rates and drive sales and marketing success.
Customer experience programs, often referred to as CX, CEM, or CMX tools, offer a range of features and functionalities that can greatly benefit businesses of all sizes and industries. These tools provide businesses with valuable insights into their customers' preferences, pain points, and expectations, allowing them to tailor their products, services, and marketing strategies accordingly.
By implementing a CX tool, businesses can enhance the customer journey, ensuring a seamless and personalized experience at every touchpoint. This, in turn, leads to higher customer satisfaction rates, increased customer loyalty, and ultimately, improved sales and revenue.
However, your business can benefit from other CRM systems like:
How to Choose the Right Customer Experience System?
It's crucial to understand the goal before using any customer experience solutions. Each CX tool has a unique function, and it's possible that some of those capabilities won't be able to meet certain business requirements. You should look for specific features per business niche and get a complete insight into the customers and check for predictive analytics and performance optimization.
[Related Article: CRM Models to Customer Experience Success]
20 Best Customer Experience Platforms for 2024
Using industry-leading AI, Sprinklr's unified customer experience management platform (Unified-CXM) creates insight-driven strategies and improves customer experiences. Customer service representatives are better prepared to handle problems and can provide clients with a smooth experience by consolidating communications from more than 30 digital channels onto a single, unified platform.
- Customer service teams can concentrate on interactions that need a human touch using AI-powered message sorting that classifies communications as engageable or non-engageable.
- AI-powered social listening that analyzes millions of conversations per day to identify critical cases and automated routing sends them to the appropriate agents so they can proactively respond.
- AI Agent Assist that displays relevant cases and knowledge articles, provides smart responses and highlights a customer's previous satisfaction scores - can assist agents in providing the right response at the right time.
- Advanced (Self-service only): $249 per seat/month, billed annually.
- Enterprise: Request Quote.
2. Adobe Experience Manager
Adobe Experience Manager assists companies in creating, managing, delivering, and optimizing personalized content for clients by combining digital asset management with the capabilities of a content management system. The tool's AI capabilities speed the generation of content, allowing teams to quickly scale to all channels.
- Using web analytics and SEO recommendations, content insights can give businesses performance data on each page that is created, enabling them to make better content decisions.
- AI and machine-learning capabilities that leverage unified customer profiles to deliver personalized experiences.
- Native integration between Adobe Creative Cloud apps and services enables teams to connect, create, and communicate without switching between applications.
You should request a quote.
HubSpot's Service Hub, which is well-known as the go-to solution for digital marketers, includes conversational tools, help desk automation, and customer feedback surveys with a CRM to give companies an overall picture of every customer interaction. Additionally, this CEM software provides advanced reports that are comprehensive and simple to share with any stakeholder or team member.
- Customer feedback can be gathered through NPS, CSAT, CES, and customized surveys, which can then be used to create a better customer experience.
- Businesses can track the health of customers and prioritize outreach and follow-ups by assigning scores to their contacts using contact scoring.
- Customer portals that provide customers with ownership over their service experience, and give them a home base to communicate with support and services teams.
- Free plan available.
- Starter: $20 per month.
- Professional: $500 per month.
- Enterprise: $1,200 per month.
The Genesys Cloud platform promotes its all-in-one design, which includes a wide range of native capabilities and an intuitive interface that is simple for agents to learn, in order to create more individualized, empathetic customer experiences. This customer experience management tool provides three solutions for predictive engagement: Cloud CX, Genesys Multicloud CX, and Genesys DX.
- Customer journey management gives agents all the information about who contacts them, enables them to respond in a personalized way, and uses customer data as a guide for new interactions.
- Modern speech analytics software includes complete voice transcription, and speech-to-phrase recognition and gives businesses the ability to analyze the content of all calls.
- Genesys Cloud CX 1 (Voice): $75 per user, billed annually.
- Genesys Cloud CX 2 (Digital): $95 per user, billed annually.
- Genesys Cloud CX 2 (Digital + Voice): $115 per user, billed annually.
- Genesys Cloud CX 3 (Digital + WEM): $135 per user, billed annually.
- Genesys Cloud CX 3 (Digital + WEM + Voice): $155 per user, billed annually.
Medallia’s SaaS platform, a pioneer and market leader in experience management, is focused on collecting and analyzing signals at every touchpoint to increase loyalty across the whole customer journey.
- Medallia Athena uses artificial intelligence (AI) and machine learning to identify patterns and trends, examine customer journeys, predict customer behavior, and provide recommendations for improving experiences and maximizing business impact.
- Medallia Conversations uses event-based triggers to give businesses the ability to engage with clients in real-time through well-liked communication channels like SMS and Facebook Messenger.
- Comprehensive feedback collection from customers and employees through their preferred channels, including email, websites, mobile messaging, and IoT-connected devices.
- Data sharing across systems and teams is possible via integrations with programs like Workday, Salesforce, and Adobe.
You should contact the sales team.
Qualtrics allows businesses to get a complete picture of their customers` experiences and take the necessary steps to drive a meaningful impact with its robust listening engine, predictive intelligence and analytics, as well as full closed-loop actioning capabilities.
- With the help of powerful AI, machine learning, and natural language processing, Qualtrics iQ analyzes data to proactively identify areas for improvement and suggest future actions.
- XM Automated Actions offers recommended actions to the appropriate people and teams so that they can respond accordingly, increasing efficiency through automation.
- A complete set of listening tools for gathering real-time feedback, including social media feedback and sentiment, email surveys, and device/IoT management.
You should contact the vendor for a contract.
7. Acoustic Experience Analytics (Tealeaf)
Acoustic Experience Analytics (Tealeaf), formerly IBM Tealeaf CX, a platform that tracks client interactions with websites, gives companies complete visibility into how customers use their mobile sites and apps. Businesses can track metrics, identify any problems, and enhance their websites using this insightful data.
- cxVerify keeps permanent records of customer actions for future reference to investigate any disputes.
- cxOverstat uses visual analytics to optimize a website's page flow and find any trouble areas for customers.
- cxView provides a proactive warning system that informs businesses of significant changes in important customer behavior.
- Users can immediately find and fix issues that lead to poor experiences with a replay ability (a page-by-page, browser-level recording of the actual customer experience).
There is no pricing information on the website. You should get in touch with the vendor.
With the help of UserZoom, a UX (user experience) insights solution, digital teams can "create better digital experiences, with confidence." The CX software is fully packed with all the required tools to perform any UX research or study. It is focused on quick design iteration, making user-centered product decisions, and tracking UX performance over time.
- Companies can use click testing to understand better where people are focusing their attention when creating a new page or product.
- Usability testing to find any problems with a digital product's design and show areas for improvement.
- Surveys to quickly gather user feedback at scale, both open-ended (enabling users to give feedback in their own words) and closed (requiring users to choose from a list of pre-defined answers).
This CX software offers 2 plans, but you should contact the vendor to get prices.
ResponseTek is the leader in enterprise customer experience management tools, and its cloud-based solution offers users the freedom to express their ideas in simple and clear formats using a variety of data collection methods, such as social media listening, web and email surveys, and mobile survey via QR codes.
- Teams can easily analyze large volumes of open-ended responses using user-friendly and sophisticated AI-driven text analytics technology, which includes Automatic mapping of topics to survey scores and real-time sentiment analysis.
- Automated alerts and notifications that quickly notify the most appropriate person to follow up and automatically identify at-risk clients.
- Automated and on-demand reporting that allows teams to access customer insights as soon as survey data are received.
You should request a quote.
Satmetrix puts a strong emphasis on gathering and combining various types of customer feedback in order to provide a complete picture of the customer experience across all touchpoints. Customer feedback is collected from all sources, including SMS conversational surveys and digital social media channels, as part of its comprehensive VOC (Voice of the Customer) solution.
- Contextual, conversational, and highly personalized surveys to proactively close the loop.
- Enlighten AI Feedback actively reduces customer churn and boosts lifetime value by identifying unresolved issues and negative sentiment.
- Using cutting-edge text and speech analytics, you can identify fresh trends and understand how customers feel.
You should request a quote.
Clarabridge is a central place for customer feedback that enables you to hear essential feedback regardless of the amount you get. You can use feedback from any source (social media, email, chat, surveys) and then optimize your website according to it.
- Clarabridge Studio offers simple tools for collecting all experience data, analyzing it in one location, and providing fully customized reporting dashboards, intelligent search functionality, and automated alerts.
- Using machine learning to assess over 50+ emotions, AI-powered NLU analyzes all feedback and conversations at scale to identify topics, perception of effort, emotion, empathy, sentiment, and intent.
- Intelligent Scoring uses the NLU capabilities of the platform to automatically score and assess all customer interactions across all feedback channels.
You should request a quote.
Zendesk is one of the most widely used customer experience tools and helpdesk platforms because of the numerous integrations available for the platform. It has built-in analytics and automated response functions. Furthermore, Zendesk integration is probably available in any specifically designed applications you use for these functions.
- The agent workspace acts as the control center for your customer service network, assisting team members in managing cases, giving tickets priority, and directing issues to the best professional for each situation.
- With automated workflows, you can respond to problems immediately, direct clients to helpful resources, and send prepared responses to simple and/or typical situations that don't require personal interaction.
- Measure and enhance the overall customer experience using data and analytics.
- Support Team: $19 per agent/month, billed annually.
- Support Professional: $49 per agent/month, billed annually.
- Support Enterprise: $99 per agent/month, billed annually.
Contentsquare is another one of many customer experience platforms that offer a wide range of tools to analyze customer journeys and visualize the results. It offers insights that are easy for developers and designers to understand. The zone-based heat maps that show how users click on-page elements and convert is an important feature for understanding what to prioritize.
- The Workspace in Contentsquare gives you a quick view of KPIs that are focused on the information that is most crucial to your company without any unnecessary distractions or forcing you to navigate to the reports you want to access every day.
- AI intelligence is getting better at identifying trends that your team may miss or spotting them quicker and informing you so you can make improvements sooner.
- As you optimize the customer experience, Contentsquare automatically tracks the Digital Happiness Index of your clients, which analyzes their satisfaction and grades your experience across five important categories.
Pricing info is unavailable on the website.
Intercom describes itself as an Engagement OS that creates an open channel between your company and your clients. That's a good description because the platform actually allows you to communicate with your clients across channels, including your website and more conventional channels like email.
- Manage all client interactions in one location and create a consistent customer experience across every channel of communication.
- To keep customers interested in your business, use chatbots to guide users through your product, announce new features, and run in-context surveys.
- To provide excellent customer service and reduce the pressure on your employees, find a balance between live chat and chatbots.
Intercom’s pricing plans are split by goal (convert, engage, and support). The Starter plan costs $74 / month, billed annually -other tiers have custom prices.
Freshdesk is an omnichannel customer support platform that wants to assist you in creating long-lasting relationships with your clients. Freshdesk makes sure that your customers always get quick and accurate service by routing customer requests to the most qualified support staff.
- The Freshdesk Contact Center streamlines phone call support for local and remote teams. The system includes voice bots powered by AI that can respond to calls more quickly and reduce the workload for your team, allowing them to intervene at critical points and spend more of their time on high-impact tasks.
- Customer Success product brings data intelligence into your customer support system. The system calculates customer health scores and allows you to set up automated workflows for customer onboarding and renewals, which is important for SaaS companies.
- With intelligent ticket assignment, you can assign tickets to employees based on their current workload, skill or using the “round robin” method.
- Growth Omnichannel: $29 per agent/month, billed annually.
- Pro Omnichannel: $59 per agent/month, billed annually.
- Enterprise Omnichannel: $99 per agent/month, billed annually.
ActiveCampaign aims to "drive growth with customer experience automation" by combining your email marketing, CRM software, sales professionals, and customer support into one system. While many CX platforms concentrate on the customer experience after the sale, ActiveCampaign recognizes the importance of the funnel stages before the sale.
- The customer relationship management (CRM) tool, which includes all of the data for your customers and leads, is the main user interface of ActiveCampaign's CX tool. These data profiles include all of the data you gather from prospects and their interactions with your business, including website activity, email engagement, direct messages, and more.
- By using machine learning to determine the quality of leads, ActiveCampaign's intelligent insight technology helps you prioritize the customers who are most valuable to your business.
- ActiveCampaign has its own customer support system that supports email, live chat, chatbots, in-app messaging, and a wide range of automation tools so you can solve client issues more quickly.
- Plus: $49 per 3 users/month, billed annually.
- Professional: $149 per 5 users/month, billed annually.
- Enterprise: contact the sales team.
- Plus: $19 per month, billed annually.
- Professional: $49 per month, billed annually.
- Enterprise: contact the sales team.
With the help of Userpilot, you can improve every stage of the customer experience in your software or mobile application. The platform has three main toolkits that can be combined with analytics, in-app messaging, and user feedback to maximize growth and revenue.
- The main feature of Userpilot is in-app messaging, which enables you to build guided onboarding experiences, feature recommendations, notifications, and other touch points to maximize action, engagement, and income through renewals and upgrades.
- With in-app prompts, you can help users complete the onboarding process and maximize product adoption. You can also point users to the most useful features and personalize the experience to help them complete valuable actions faster, based on the requirements they define during the signup and onboarding processes.
- Traction: $249 per month, billed annually.
- Growth: contact the sales team.
- Enterprise: contact the sales team.
SurveySparrow focuses on gathering customer feedback and analyzing their needs throughout the CX journey. Many customer support systems and CRO platforms have survey collection features, but SurveySparrow is made for entrepreneurs and companies who require a more sophisticated, specialized solution for collecting and analyzing feedback.
- With SurveySparrow's WYSIWYG builder, which supports a variety of formats, including chat-like surveys, conversational surveys, and more, it is simple to create visually appealing surveys. With Smart Logic, you can automate the removal of irrelevant questions from sessions based on the responses users have already given to increase relevance, engagement, and completion rates.
- You can use case management to convert responses into customer support cases to solve problems that customers face or request additional feedback for priority cases.
- SurveySparrow analyzes text responses, identifies recurring themes, and calculates satisfaction ratings using AI technology.
You should request a quote.
Salesforce Service Cloud is a CRM platform that enables you to automate all of your customer support processes. This help desk software provides a highly customizable user interface and an AI-powered chatbot that handles customer queries proactively. This reduces the customer service wait time and even the workload of the customer support team.
- Use this self-service portal to direct clients to relevant articles.
- Route customers to the most qualified agents automatically for excellent service.
- Automate repetitive tasks to improve customer service effectiveness.
- Starter: $25 per user/month, billed annually.
- Professional: $75 per user/month, billed annually.
- Enterprise: $150 per user/month, billed annually.
- Unlimited: $300 per user/month, billed annually.
20. SAS Customer Experience
SAS Customer Experience was created specifically for businesses in the finance industry, like banks and accounting firms. You can better understand your customers' demands by using the AI-powered features of the program. As a result, you can create more relevant marketing campaigns and minimize sales overhead.
- With the customer experience analytics capabilities, every customer interaction is recorded.
- Makes personalized suggestions to customers using machine learning.
- Provides a visual analytics tool that enables you to create and view interactive dashboards.
You should request a quote.
[Related Article: How to Improve Customer Service Skills]
Customer experience systems provide insightful information about your customers' journey as they move through different stages of the sales funnel.
Your staff and agents can achieve high returns and strong customer relationships when they have outstanding support from customer experience tools.
To choose which product is best for your particular business needs, review the tools we covered here.